Dell Streak Apps Discussion on Android apps and games on the Dell Streak go here.

(#1) Old
Default Optus Apps for Aussies - Free TV Streams - 07-06-2011, 10:26 AM

You can stream ABC1 and SBS1 for free, whilst the Today Show is a link to somewhere else to watch small videos of features.

Then there are a lot of paid programs from other channels, even "Playboy" and "Babe". Those 2 cost $5 per month to stream without limitation.

All the others are $1 a day (day pass) or $3 per month.

The free channels only run portrait and the viewing screen size is small, therefore resolution is OK.

I streamed "South Park" paid $1 for the day, and with paid programs, you can watch landscape, but the resolution is not very high, and with S.P. the audio and video was out of synch. - but still watchable.

I sampled the other programs and video and audio seemed synched.

You can't sample Playboy or Babe. There are various categories of programs.

Whilst the free programs are "live", they are about 4 minutes out of time compared to a real TV set.

So, not great quality, but good to be able to watch ABC1 and SBS1 any time for free.

Oh, and you will not find this downloaded as an App. - as it installs as a widget on the Dell Stage.

Optus also have their App. on the Market for their "safe" is the cloud, for Optus subscribers. Also likely to be a widget. They also off a GPS navigation App.
  (#2) Old
Red face Optus Apps for Aussies - Free TV Streams - 07-10-2011, 06:39 AM

As it turned out, what I was sure was a widget permanently on the Dell Stage, turned into a normal App. the next day.

So, you will at least the next day find it alphabetically amongst your apps under "T" as "TV".

Last edited by Australian; 07-10-2011 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Text added

optus tv, streaming tv, tv stream

« Pinnacle Locker - Apps Lock | Real Mirror - Turn Your Phone Into a Mirror »