Dell Streak Apps Discussion on Android apps and games on the Dell Streak go here.
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Jan 2011
My Tracks - A Google App - Outdoor Activities - 05-29-2011, 02:34 AM
"My Tracks" is a Google App for those of you into training for running, hiking, biking and the like.
It maps your tracks and enables you to build a profile of your improvements.
I will stick to walking to and from the bus, and taking the dog for a walk.
But if you are the outdoor activities type, this does seem like a very good App. to have. And Google have a very good video here, as to how it all works.
My Tracks allows you to record and share your GPS tracks, including statistics.Use My Tracks while you run, bike, hike, or do anything else outdoors, and it will use the GPS sensor in your phone to record the path you took. It will also gather useful statistics such as time, speed, distance, and elevation. You can review all of this data live, or you can save it for use later. While you're out, you can mark relevant waypoints, and can ask to hear automatic voice announcements about your progress.
My Tracks can record data from external sensors:
- Zephyr Technology Consumer HxM Bluetooth heart rate monitor
- ANT heart rate monitors (*)
- SRM power meters, speed, and cadence sensors (*)
- More sensor support coming soon
* ANT and SRM support requires an ANT-compatible phone)
My Tracks can share your track data:
- As a GPX, TCX, KML, or CSV file
- Using Google Maps, Google Docs, or Google Fusion Tables
- Via Twitter or Facebook
- Record in Metric or Customary units (configured from the Recording menu, under Settings)
- Display your movement in terms of Speed or Pace (configured from the Display menu, under Settings)
|mytracks, outdoor activities, outdoor training.|
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.