Dell Streak Apps Discussion on Android apps and games on the Dell Streak go here.

(#1) Old
Thumbs up PDF Scanner - 03-29-2011, 07:15 AM

In my opinion a phone with a camera can't really be a "scanner", - as we think of a scanner attached to a computer.

It just takes a photo - like any other other ordinary photo, but software enable the image to be manipulated, - orientation, brightness, contrast, despeckling, trim edges etc.

The app. "PDF Scanner" is the best of what I have seen, in that it is so simple to use, no instructions are necessary. Entirely intuitive.

This app. is only a 7 day free trial of a cheaply priced buy version.

Prior to this, I thought I would try another app. called "CamScanner" which was totally free, and had good reports on it's functionality.

But it was so complex, I didn't have a clue on how to use it, so it was deleted almost straight away. So, here is "PDF Scanner".

Scan documents, convert to PDF. Email them or upload to Google Docs for sharing.**FAVORITE BY FAR AMONG SCANNER APPS AndroidPolice**
*Recommended by PCWorld, NYTimes, InformationWeek, Financial Times and many more - Reviews on our website*
Scan documents and receipts with your phone camera, convert them to PDF. It is a portable scanner for your Droid.
*OCR Option through GDocs/Evernote
*create folders
*no page limit
*scan and add pages later to an existing folder
*insert existing gallery image
*compression and page size options
*reorder pages
*quick one-page option to take a picture and upload as PDF with a single click
*Correct perspective and crop your captured image. The app detects the four corners automatically and gives you an opportunity to modify it
*Enhance image and convert to gray scale (or black/white) as desired

document scanner, pdf scanner

« Droid TV | what can i remove? »