Dell Streak Apps Discussion on Android apps and games on the Dell Streak go here.

(#1) Old
Thumbs up 3G Watchdog - 03-24-2011, 10:40 AM

The app. "3G Watchdog" has been mentioned in passing, a check on "search" suggested.

But it is probably worth mentioning on it's own, as it could be an aid for those who have a limited data plan, and want to keeps tabs on where they stand for their monthly phone and data allocation.

There are are similar apps, and whilst people are "generally" happy with them, there are quite a few comments that suggest the statistics are not very accurate.

But this one more than any of the others does seem to be reasonably accurate, it keeps track of different forms of data usage, so you can see if you are near your limits.

It is free, - but there is also a more detailed paid app. Why not try this one first, and if you like it, consider the other.

With my Telco, Optus, I usually just check my account on the computer every now and again, to see where I stand with my plan. And I am sure you can do that too.

But if you are on the go - you could still probably do the above, or let this app. give you an approximation, until you next check in via computer.

3g watchdog, data usage

« Amazon Android Apps Market | »