Dell Streak Apps Discussion on Android apps and games on the Dell Streak go here.

(#1) Old
Thumbs up Amazon Android Apps Market - 03-23-2011, 03:24 AM

I would imagine most of you Streakers know the market is open, and that "Angry Birds" is free, at the moment.

Unfortunately, Angry Birds doesn't save on the Streak, due to it allegedly requiring an Intel chip. Unless there is some other version that does ....?
And there are other games too that similarly won't save.

I suspect there are other copycat bird games, that might save, and would be nearly as good.

And the bad news is that the Amazon Android Market is only available to US citizens - or anyone who has snuck in, and is living there.

The Amazon Android market exists to make money for Amazon, by cutting the price of the available apps.

Most, if not all the apps, are available on the Google Android Market.

Don't forget that is settings of your Streak, there is an option to only accept Apps from the real Android Market, or from elsewhere.

You will probably need to change the setting to "elsewhere" or whatever the term is for that option, if you want to download from both & or other places.

I have read that some android apps from other sources don't save easily, but I don't know what the issues are. Something about "unsigned apps"?

And before you start downloading apps from other sources, make sure you have a security app or two, that will check for malicious Trojan horses and other malware.

The two I use are "Anti Virus free" - the widget is an android holding a blue shield, and "Webroot" which updates it's definitions every time you turn on your device.

I thought I had a link to provide to the Amazon Market and posted it here, as I had a message from Amazon today, but when I tested it, it was only to my Email account.

It seems you may have to have an Amazon account, and sign in through it. Though the Amazon app on Google's Android Market could be the way to get there.

Oh, and by the way, I read elsewhere that there is a feature that lets you test out the app on your computer, before buying it or downloading it.

Last edited by Australian; 03-23-2011 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Link did not work
  (#2) Old
Default 03-24-2011, 05:21 AM

I did not know that, Thanks for the read. It would be cool to try apps out on the puter first

StreakDroid FTW

amazon android market

« Auto Memory Manager App | 3G Watchdog »