Dell Streak Apps Discussion on Android apps and games on the Dell Streak go here.

(#1) Old
Default Better email application? Please help. - 10-24-2010, 09:11 AM

What's the best email app for Dell streak running on 1.6 Android, aside from the default email app installed when you bought it? Please help!
  (#2) Old
Default 10-24-2010, 03:43 PM

I think this is going to be subjective. For me, the default app is plenty good enough because with that google account I use it to snag copies of my emails so I can easily collate them together whilst on the move even though my primary email usage is performed from the PC, and a better email app (in my case) would likely just have unused features and waste the phone's resources (memory, cpu, battery).

If your needs are not so simply covered by the default mail app (and I could appreciate that being the case), what is it you'd want to do but cannot or find the default mail app cumbersome for? Or do you not have any particular needs but just interested in what's the favourite for miscellaneous bells and whistles?
  (#3) Old
Default 10-24-2010, 11:32 PM

for me K9 Email
  (#4) Old
Default 10-25-2010, 02:37 PM

The current marketplace release of k9 (3.2) has problems for me, running the O2 2.1 release. I installed a dev build as advised by one of their developers and the primary problem - of locking up message lists - went away.

So, beware. But otherwise, it's great.
  (#5) Old
Default 10-26-2010, 10:01 AM

Depends on your email server you wish to connect to. If you have a Microsoft Exchange Server then you'll need something like TouchDown the problem there is its expensive.

K9 for Pure Widget was one of the best apps I originally had til my work changed to MES.

« ownskin live wallpaper | Apps & Games »