Dell Streak Apps Discussion on Android apps and games on the Dell Streak go here.

(#11) Old
Default 10-02-2010, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by iStormUK View Post
I am working on finding a way to install the old keyboard for those who want it, don't hold your breath, but I'll give it my all!
I've installed it, but it's not stable to use; it crashes between every 1-3 keypresses.

I'm unsure, but it either seems to be dependent on some other files outside of the .apk, whether it's a library, some change to do with the android keyboard settings in this version, or something else.

This is the same experience that peop's at Modaco were getting too.

At least the keyboard actually displays though, so I can get at least something of a nostalgia fix Note: the screenshot capture is goofy and has tears in it, because that's what live wallpapers do to the screen-capture capability in the android plugin for Eclipse. Those tears aren't apparent on the device's real screen.

It replaces the original keyboard on install though, so I have to uninstall it again to get a keyboard I can use. I don't think just altering the contents of the .apk will be enough to prevent this, the package names would have to be changed, which the java code may need recompiling for. It also probably needs to be signed on top of that too.

I don't think the source for this keyboard or other apps Dell wrote like their launcher/home apps were included in the recent sourcecode release, that seemed pretty bare-bones to me, and filling in the gaps is only done with the publicly available donut 1.6 source from google.
Attached Thumbnails
  (#12) Old
Default 10-02-2010, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by Auramae View Post
I am slow (and came from a world of resistive screens) can someone explain what makes this multi-touch and how to take advantage of the feature?
An example: You can hold the shift key on-screen, followed by a letter, like on a normal keyboard

Once again a proud Streak Owner