Dell Streak Apps Discussion on Android apps and games on the Dell Streak go here.

(#1) Old
Cool Application Must-Haves - 09-12-2010, 10:33 AM

Thought I'd ask what apps people think you should have on the Streak, either to replace primitive apps already on the device, or just to show it off.

Thought I'd start with a few examples of my own first.

3 - Music player which is far superior to the built-in Android player, allows for easy playlist creation and saving, searching for files is a breaze, and it makes full use of the screen instead of leaving tonnes of whitespace.

Kindle App - Allows me to read my ebooks in the easiest possible way, not as good as Aldiko, but much more pain free for buying books, and syncing with my desktop copies.

Zxing Barcode Scanner - If you want to make use of the QR codes, this is the best option, its fast, effective, and doesn't use data plans until you click the buttons it displays, unlike googles.

Angry Birds Beta Lite - This is so much fun it should be a criminal offence not to own a copy.

Tiki Towers - Pain in the butt to get hold of, but once you do, works wonderfully, and very much at home on a Streak screen.

Websharing - Paid-For app, turns your device into a wifi hard disk with WebDAV, so it saves on unmounting the card for a USB sync, as well as offers a web-interface to your files over a wifi link.

Add your own peeps below.

Once again a proud Streak Owner