Dell Streak Apps Discussion on Android apps and games on the Dell Streak go here.

(#11) Old
Default 09-08-2010, 09:04 AM

If anyone wants to try out the full xscope "paid" version give us a pm...
  (#12) Old
Default 09-08-2010, 09:58 AM

If the bbc would let you, you probably could watch iplayer using skyfire...problem is as soon as iplayer sees that you are using android and don't have 2.2 it just locks you out.

The main page says you need to install flash. But you can ignore that, and click the video button in the browser.

I click the video and it buffers, then just when you think it's going to play, it say "not available in your area"... which is of course wrong, as I'm in the UK and using my home wi-fi to prove it.

So all the requirements to play it are there, it's just the bbc stopping you it seems.
  (#13) Old
Default 09-09-2010, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by Dunhamzzz View Post
Opera Mini was poo! Took up to much room and I couldn't work out how to zoom in/out!

I use Opera Mini 5.1, though I'll be glad when Opera produce the Mobile version instead.

The main advantage of Opera (which no longer applies to me) is that if you are on a limited monthly allocation, it really squeezes down the amount of data transferred - i.e., a facebook page in 40k rather than 350k for example. It should also be good for people who are roaming, for the same reason. When you are using it, you need to realise that the web page isn't being downloaded to the phone - it's being downloaded to a server somewhere, and you are remote-controlling your VM within the server (hence why it can sometimes behave counterintuitively, and the interface can be a bit awkward).

The remaining advantage (which *does* apply to me) is that bookmarks can sync with the desktop version of Opera. So when I set up a bookmark on the PC, I can subsequently view that page on the phone.
  (#14) Old
Default 09-10-2010, 12:00 AM

xscope is nice but i have problem with copy text option, when i go in the middle of the site i cant use this option becuse is on top on bar at top of site. Any tips how to do copy/select text?
  (#15) Old
Default 09-14-2010, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by mancterrier View Post
If anyone wants to try out the full xscope "paid" version give us a pm...

does it have flash support?

« Calendar widget | Get Tiki Towers for free! »