Dell Streak Apps Discussion on Android apps and games on the Dell Streak go here.

(#1) Old
Smile quake 3 arena - 08-18-2010, 12:38 PM

Just got quake 3 arena running on my dell streak. It works pretty much perfectly, for anyone going to play this the best setup is to go to the options in the game turn of detailed sky and turn on simple weapons, this will replace the 3d rotating guns with the icons instead ingame. This will ensure it stays smooth while playing, if you dont do this it will cause mad frame rate drops randomly. But on the plus in the main menu if you then go to setup you can max out all details textures etc to the max and it still plays smoothly.

If you have more bots in the arenas you might need to adjust detail accordingly. The version I tried has an onscreen joystick control thingy not great at all, but there seems to be a version of kwaak3 knocking about designed with proper multitouch controls in mind which will try tonight this would then be awesome.

The link to multitouch version seems to be here

kwaak 3

The multitouch link is not working and it was just a poor ripoff from the original kwaak3 developer so removed it. The original kwaak3 emulator developer is working on new control systems, most current uses a joystick thing onscreen but is awkward. But the next update should be multitouch or some type of dual control, so will just have to wait.

To get kwaak3 just search it in google comes up straight away

Remember though you will need to have android 2.1 or above on your dell streak for multitouch to work and probably for the game to run as well as it has been for me on 2.1.

Just on the subject of 3dfps check these out, probably need 2.1 for these too but one of them is duke nukem 3d sweet.

« Your must have Apps. | Launcher pro plus »