Dell Streak Apps Discussion on Android apps and games on the Dell Streak go here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#1) Old

Default gameloft 2.1 - 08-16-2010, 09:54 AM

I have used the gameloft site to buy games since applying the 2.1 update to my dell, and Ive got to say I was really badly wrong about gameloft. Their website was great to use really easy ui and imo a lot easier than it would have been navigating through the android market to find them if they had been there. I was able to watch a trailer for the games I was interested in before paying for them and currently have hawx, real football, gangsta, asphalt gt, lets golf. They all work great. They should have made it clear that you needed 2.0 or higher would be good for android to put a link up on the android market.

Its completely changed my opinion about them since using them with the 2.1 update and now feel they are one of the best games companies. They just need to let you redownload now, but this can be resolved with mybackup pro app.
  (#2) Old

Default games - 08-16-2010, 02:18 PM

Only thing is now working out how to get NOVA and modern combat sandstorm as they dont list currently. Its possible though that these might need android 2.2 but must find out, has anyone got either of these games running.
  (#3) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 08-17-2010, 12:05 PM

I've lost Asphalt 5 since I updated to 2.1 and can't restore it with MyBackUp Pro :/ I can't even find any gameloft games in the market since the update.

Also the Gameloft site crashes when I visit it on my Streak :@

Apparently google have to approve each rom before certain apps appear in the market or something along those lines..

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#4) Old

Default Gameloft - 08-17-2010, 12:54 PM

Really, you should be able to restore from mybackup pro under apps. I take it you backed up to your sd card when you backed up the game originally. Once its restored I used the app file explorer to locate it, I think actually just found the asphalt .apk file on the sd card in the end, anyhow you can just execute the .apk file from the sd card if need be and reinstall the game.

So make it simple use file explorer app, locate asphalt .apk file on your sd card from the backup and execute it.

In regards to gameloft site its a bit weird one, when I first updated and went to gameloft.com it automatically brought up the games I could play ie hawx asphalt lets golf etc but had me logged in as a nexus one phone user but worked fine, only issue I had was that NOVA and call of duty sandstorm wasnt there. But when I got to gameloft now it brings me to some crazy page with lists of mobiles try to select one it goes to a blank screen a lot of times I think kind of the same problem you are having with it crashing. But still have the proper working link which it bought me to the first time which I still use to check games, so will post if after cant remember it at the minute and cant take my phone out in work, it should make getting the gameloft games quite easy.
  (#5) Old
Founder

Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 08-17-2010, 01:24 PM

I think I've got it. I backed up online but searched for it in Astro and found it, for some reason it was installed (but not showing up at all) so I uninstalled-installed.

Ty for the help!

When I left it with 1.6 I was still struggling to actually complete a race - actually just got through one very smoothly!

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#6) Old

Default 08-17-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunhamzzz View Post
I think I've got it. I backed up online but searched for it in Astro and found it, for some reason it was installed (but not showing up at all) so I uninstalled-installed.

Ty for the help!

When I left it with 1.6 I was still struggling to actually complete a race - actually just got through one very smoothly!
Yeah all the gameloft games I have work great really smooth remember actually trying the demo of asphalt on 1.6 and didnt get it cause frame rate was so bad at points the difference with 2.1 is great, currently have

Asphalt GT
Hawx
Gangsta
Lets Golf
Real Football

Will def post link after to get to the proper working gameloft site for dell streak.
  (#7) Old

Default dell streak gameloft link - 08-17-2010, 08:03 PM

Hi

The link for compatible gameloft games for dell streak is

http://wapshop.gameloft.com/wifi/hdp...2&phoneId=4281

yes got it working just tried the above link on my dell and it brings up the working gameloft games screen, its on the dungeon hunter screen but go to the bottom and you can select the other games it will say your handset is identified as a nexus one but these all work on the dell streak perfectly, but remember you need to have android 2.1 or above
  (#8) Old

Default 08-24-2010, 02:15 PM

I used the EVO link to purchase NOVA for my Streak. Unfortunately it does not work. While you start the game you can hear music in the background but no video. Tapping the screen you can start the game. All the HUD boxes are black and really you can only see your gun in front of you. Hopefully they can release a working version.

Modern Combat gets a bit farther and is semi playable. Pop up messages appear twice on the screen and there is some missing textures but much more playable than NOVA.
  (#9) Old

Smile gameloft demos - 08-25-2010, 08:37 AM

At last gameloft are allowing you to try the games before you buy them,about time.

Try 11 Free Gameloft HD Games for Android Smartphones! | Android Tapp. Android App Reviews
  (#10) Old

Default 08-25-2010, 10:58 AM

its a pity that the streak isn't listed and when you select desire or nexus one, half of the games disappear off the list !

just testing real football having chosen the incredible as device, and it's stuck on the "downloading" extra data.
looks like they still have issues to deal with..

« Very few games for v.1.6 | Anyone succeded with Touchdown ? »