Dell Streak Apps Discussion on Android apps and games on the Dell Streak go here.

(#1) Old
Default Keyboards - 08-14-2010, 12:36 PM

I have just updated to 2.1 and HATE the new keyboard, it lacks punctuation, it's less responsive, and it takes me an age to type anything with it...

So I'm looking on the market for a new one, but judging by the preview images, they all use the same layout!...

Does anyone know of a better 3rd party keyboard with a better layout?... with punctuation and arrow keys? maybe numbers?
  (#2) Old
Default SlideIT keyboard - 08-14-2010, 02:10 PM

This is a great app and incredibly quick + accurate !
I bought it with other paid apps a few days ago, worked very well on my Dell 1.6 OS.

Unfortunately, I gave in to temptation & updated to 2.1 yesterday and while the OS works well, I can't see my PAID apps in "downloads" anymore (same google account always).

Plus the front facing camera doesn't work with this unofficial 2.1 update. I assumed from some of the comments that it was possible to go back to 4399 but I have tried all permutations, won't work.

I suspect I have to shell out more money for the apps I bought before ($10+ or more for some of them!) including SlideIT which I miss now.

Hope this helps. Thanks.
  (#3) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 08-14-2010, 05:20 PM

Ever since losing my Swype beta I've switched to Swiftkey

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#4) Old
Default 08-15-2010, 11:37 AM

I've installed swiftkey, but to be honest I can't tell the difference... and it doesn't change the crap layout of the keyboard either, so I'm still tearing my hair out..

The letters on the top row are the worst, most of the time they don't register which is extremely annoying!

I just can't use this keyboard.. seriously... if anyone from dell is reading this, PLEASE CAN WE HAVE THE OLD KEYBOARD BACK?! at least as an option in the settings menus? PLEASE?!... at this rate, I'm thinking of selling and getting something else... I can't use this keyboard!
  (#5) Old
Default 08-15-2010, 02:34 PM

I like touchpal...

TouchPal - Android @ MoDaCo

« How well do apps adapt to the 5" screen? | Led flash for Streak »