Dell Streak Apps Discussion on Android apps and games on the Dell Streak go here.

(#1) Old
Default How well do apps adapt to the 5" screen? - 08-06-2010, 06:07 PM

I've read some of the Android developer notes, and they say that all graphical objects are meant to be the same size on each different kind of device (actual size, not pixels, so a 1cm high object on a Droid will be the same size on a Hero). However, with this it implies that when apps are run on the 5" screen, there will be lots of empty space in order to keep objects the same size. Is this true, or do most apps cope well with the larger size?

Dell Mini 10v | Product (RED) | Ubuntu 10.10 Netbook Remix | 8GB Samsung MLC SSD | 1510 Wireless a/b/g/n Mini-Card | 6 Cell Battery | 1024x600 | UK Keyboard
Dell Streak | Black | Android 2.2 DJSteve 1.4.6 | 16GB Standard MicroSDHC | GiffGaff
  (#2) Old
Default 08-06-2010, 07:57 PM

some apps work well others don't. the streak uses 160dpi which is odd so some apps such as the otherwise brilliant atakephone don't scale properly..
  (#3) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to Dunhamzzz
Default 08-07-2010, 11:28 AM

It depends on the app. Most of the ones which are just menus etc will scale fine, and all of the premium games I've paid for adapt well too.

Because there are a lot of high-res Androd phones out there now, you'll often see in the app market comments/ratings if an app works well across all devices or not.

Please do not send me support requests via PM.
  (#4) Old
Default 08-12-2010, 04:42 PM

Everything i have tried has been fine - only 'issue' I've has is some free items are built to be portrait only - and don't have a landscape version - but not a big problem
  (#5) Old
Default 08-15-2010, 08:52 AM

Some games don't adapt at all, especially the freebies. The "border" surrounding the portion of the screen the game uses messes up.

« psp games coming to dell streak | Keyboards »