Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Mini9 OS X 10.6 Reset errors - 04-15-2012, 03:48 PM

A few years ago I installed Mac OS X 10.6 from a retail CD on a few Mini 9's I purchased. I everything was done on a new 32GB SSD with 2GB upgrade using 16GB flash drive.
**Note: I can not find the instructions i used as they are probably ancient by now.

A year ago I swapped the original Winows XP SSD back in to let my siblings use it for school, etc... (something light and easy to walk with to take notes and browse the net) They aren't Mac OS friendly. It's now full of viruses and needs to be redone.

So I originally planned to install windows on the 32GB SSD but realized I needed to partition the drive differently (not Mac Journaled). I then updated the Dell EFI to the 12.5 Alpha and now I am stuck with a Reset Error power down and restart.

I copied the same OS X retail CD onto a flash drive and used Netbook installer but I can not get passed the reset screen regardless of what I do.

I've successfully installed Mac OS X on these machines before but am somehow stuck now and I can not figure out what's missing or causing the issue.

Has anyone seen something like this or have any recommendations?

« OS X 10.7 Lion? | Kernel panics »