Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Ready to plunge...please look over my shoulder - 12-28-2011, 08:09 PM

Please confirm I'm ok before I continue... After much reading, here's what I'm preparing to do:

I have:
-Dell mini 9, 1gb, 32gb ssd. A Mac mini & 10.6.3 retail iso.
-80gb ext usb Drive formatted to single partition MBR with the 10.6.3 iso restored to it. I ran NetbookBootMaker 0.8.4 RC1 and pointed it to the USB Drive
-USB pen drive with NetbookInstaller 0.8.4 on it

I am using the guide at, originally written for installing 10.6.2 (I'm not allowed to post links yet)

After installing, I don't think I need to run the Netbookinstaller app as I don't intend to upgrade.

How am I looking? Thanks from a NOOB, Thanks for this site.
  (#2) Old
Default 12-29-2011, 12:20 AM

OK, I started the process, got about 70% through the install and it seems to be stuck. I also learned that I do need to run netbook installer from the utilities menu after install and before reboot.

I think the problem may be the iso I burned. I have a legit SL 10.6.3 DVD but when I restore it to the usb to make an install disk, It says "memory allocation error" near the end of the validation. This only happens when I use MBR, not when I use GUID. That's why I tried the ISO.

« 10.6.8 problem - won't boot - help please! | Help restoring mini 9 from OSX to XP or Linux »