Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Help - OS X 10.6.8 - 12-06-2011, 04:10 AM

I have made a rookie mistake and I am hoping one of the very intelligent individuals in this forum can help me. I was following a guide to upgrade to 10.6.8 I ran the following

sudo mv /mach_kernel /mach_kernel_bad

followed by

sudo mv /legacy_kernel /mach_kernel

After rebooting i get the following error "Unable to patch 64bit kernel. Please use arch=i386 to use a 10.6.2 or newer kernel. Can't find legacy_kernel"

I assumed that the legacy_kernel was the one created by the nawcom's package for 10.6.8.

I have tried holding shift and typing : recovery=yes, -x , but that does not fix the problem. I am assuming the legacy_kernel needs to be put back, but I have no way of getting to the terminal.

Thanks in advance,

(#2) Old
Default 12-06-2011, 06:05 PM

Since my runcore drive can be removed and connected via USB I was able to mv the directories back and get the system to boot. I then got the appropriate legacy 10.6.8 package and moved it to mach_kernel and again it booted successfully. I then tried to apply the SleepEnabler and now i get a kernel panic. Does anyone know how to resolve this? Is there a way to get in the terminal and remove this kext?

« External monitor sugestions for Dell mini 9 10.6.8 | OSX Snow Leopard On Mini 9 - No Wifi or Sound »