Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Dell Mini 9 Hackintosh Rebooting Itself:( - 08-08-2011, 12:53 AM

Hey guys, my first post here, and I am in need of some assistance. I have searched the forums to no avail. I recently purchased a Dell Mini 9 running OSX 10.6.7 on a 64gb Runcore and it has worked great. Today I left it sitting on the table and left the house for a couple of hours, when I got home it was sitting there rebooting itself. It loads the dell logo, then goes to the white screen with the apple, and immediatly reboots itself. I purchased the mini from a guy who had already hackintoshed it. Everything on it is in top shape, and I can't imagine anything being wrong hardware wise. It worked earlier this morning, and im not sure what I need to do. Hopefully someone can help me. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
  (#2) Old
Default 08-08-2011, 01:15 AM

Try recovery=y
To boot with this option hold (presumably left) shift key. Wait till boot process stops on a grey screen with a big hard drive icon in the middle. You do not need to hold shift any more. Type
you should see what you typing in the left lower corner. Press enter. On successful boot check you kernel version with uname -a command. 10.8.0 means you accidentally upgraded to 10.6.8. It also means you need to read a couple of long 10.6.8 related threads on this forum

Mini 10v, BIOS A06, OS X 10.6.6, Linux-Mint, 1 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD
  (#3) Old
Default 08-08-2011, 12:40 PM

This is also why I recommend against buying "pre-hacked" hackintoshes.

Mini 9|2GB RAM|64GB RunCore|Intel 5300|Windows 10

« SL 10.6.0 install Dell Mini 9 Users | Which appleintelgma950 ? »