Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default SL 10.6.0 install Dell Mini 9 Users - 08-04-2011, 11:10 PM

if you do a search on this forum using the above title, you will see some posts that are current and some not, last being April 2011. I just purchased a Dell Mini 9 on ebay using Windows 7 for $100, which I immediately loaded SL 10.6./0 onto it's 16 GB SSD.

I then added my three favorite programs:

1) netbookinstaller 20100616212351
2) firefox 5.0.1
3) citrix

I now have available 10.5 GB for other programs!
Everything seems to be working just fine. I use the method(s) from this site posted in my signature, and encourage all to read as many posts as possi9ble before diving in.
I mainly surf the web, reading MyDellMini - Dell Streak, Dell Mini and more!, and eBay | Electronics, Cars, Clothing, Collectibles and More Online Shopping
along with Pandora streaming for music. I have a home system with a Mac Mini for streaming Netflix and a laptop (christmas present) with 2010 macbook air.
This little dellmini9 still intrigues me as a viable option for many.
I must admit, when home in rhode island, we reach for the i-pad to check out something on the web. In rhode island, we do not even have a home computer, just a dedicated wireless internet connection.
This little one that could (osx) seems well suited for many.
Just wanted to post my two cents

Mini 10v/1GB RAM/160GB HD/ BIOS A06/SL 10.6.6
Mini 9 /2GB RAM/ 16GB SSD/BIOS A05/SL 10.6.6
OSX Installation via USB & Mac
NBMaker 0.8.4.RC1 / NBI 20100616212351
"Remember to back up your hard earned work with a boot-able disc BEFORE upgrading!"

« mini9 won't boot after Ralink driver uninstal | Dell Mini 9 Hackintosh Rebooting Itself:( »