Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Working Startup Disk Not Recognized as a Startup Disk - 07-26-2011, 03:47 AM

After running an A90 Hackintosh for a year or so, I've started setting up a second one on a Mini 9, and I'm running into a problem I've never encountered before.

I installed using a USB flash drive with Snow Leopard with NBI 0.8.4 rc1 using mechdrew's method. Everything works fine as usual, and the machine will start up and run Snow Leopard from the internal drive normally. Almost...

OS X won't recognize the internal drive as a valid startup disk. The drive doesn't appear on the desktop. When I try to select it as the startup disk in System Preferences, if I'm running 10.6 it doesn't appear in the list of drives. If I'm running 10.6.4 it appears in the list, but when I select it I get an error saying that the bless tool was unable to set the current boot disk.

I've tried several installs, repartitioning the drive each time. I've tried starting up from the flash drive and repairing the disk with Disk Utility. I've tried repairing permissions. I've tried running UpdateExtra. None of those have worked.

Any ideas?

OS X 10.6 (or 10.6.4)
NBI 0.8.4 rc1
  (#2) Old
Default 07-31-2011, 07:53 PM

FYI since posting this I've tried downgrading the BIOS to A05, and I'm not getting any different result.

« 10.5.8 sound issue | From 10.6 to 10.6.8 (My Way) »