Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Question Bluetooth bug- Not Available after sleep? - 07-16-2011, 07:43 PM

Reading through this forum, it seems like I'm just astoundingly lucky or clever; I have a Dell Mini 9 running 10.6.7 beautifully. I have sleep, sound, microphone, wifi, webcam, and bluetooth all functional. I actually use it for work, for Skype, for music (surprisingly loud speakers), and it's the nicest, handiest little thing ever. Any problem I ran into, I've figured out a solution. Except one thing...

When I'm not near a wifi access point, I tether my Blackberry via bluetooth for data. This works pretty well, and 3G speeds are sufficient for most web browsing. However, after sleeping/waking a few times, the bluetooth eventually becomes Not Available. A reboot always fixes it, but I was wondering if anyone else has run into this and knows of a better solution, or even just why this might occur so I can figure out a workaround.

Thanks in advance!
  (#2) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to unclemiltie
Default 07-20-2011, 01:30 AM

Have the same problem with the 10v and have never been able to figure it out.

One thing that I did find that minimizes the number of times that I have to reboot since BT goes away is that when you come out of sleep, do not touch ANYTHING until the WiFi and bluetooth logos settle. Keys, trackpad, etc. It seems like if I do that the probability that I will get bluetooth back is higher.

Mini10v: Black, 2GB RAM, 160GHD 10.6.7/Windows 7 Dual-boot, NBI 0.8.4
Mini9: Black, 2GB RAM, 32GSSD, 10.6.7 NBI 0.8.5pre
MacBook Pro:15" Aluminum, 5GB RAM, 640GBHD, 10.6.7
iMac: 20" White 3GB RAM, 750GBHD, 10.6.7

« Which BIOS to run? | Trouble getting to sleep... »