Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#111) Old
Default 11-04-2013, 08:00 PM

thanks Dan_Shane, feeling rusty, a little guidance nice but I tried again with UpdateExtra using Apllehda, no go. removed them from S/L/E and did UpdateExtra with VoodooHDA for 272 from Osx86 still no sound after reboots

update: dropped vodooHDA into KextHelper, reboot got the famous annoying hiss now and working sound!!

now to fix the hiss? -fixed hiss! by installing voodooHDA pref pane and turning Input Gain down

but running iTunes caused computer to hang!! with text come up on screen saying

"please contact someone with a photo of the information printed below, along with a description of your system configuration and what you" that's it, cut off and no more info

I suspect damn voodoo how to remove preference pane for voodooHDA? I was gonna try this in Terminal but there is no Preference pane there
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/PreferencePanes/VoodooHDA.prefPane

oh because it's in /Library/PreferencePanes/VoodooHDA.prefPane that worked

voodoo too poor a solution, how to get a proper sound fix, bluetooth fix?

Dell mini 10v 10.6.3 NBI 0.8.4-RC1 BIOS A05 & 2nd 10v @ BIOS A06

Last edited by igzabier; 11-13-2013 at 08:01 PM.
  (#112) Old
Default Dm9 - 08-26-2015, 02:18 PM

I have a DM9, 2GB ram, 8gb ssd. I attempted the 10.6.8 upgrade on a clean 10.6 installed on a USB stick, using post #7's instructions, and the Software combo update. No sound or wifi, i have since ran the NBI installer, and repaired the disk permissions, still no joy.

I have since got a clean 10.6 installed on another usb, and carbon copied it over to the SSD, which works fine. I want to upgrade to 10.6.8, but dont want to break it.

Can anyone give any tips for getting the sound and wireless networking going on my 10.6.8 on the usb stick ??? I can then carbon copy that (if it fits) onto the ssd ???

« DM9 - 10.6.8 fresh install tutorial | - »