Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Do I have to choose between Mic and Bluetooth? - 05-10-2011, 06:43 PM

Hi, everyone.

I recently upgraded my Mini 9 to 10.6.7 with the latest NBI. No issues other than the loss of bluetooth and mic. So I ran Akki's sound fix. Mic restored. Then, to get BT back, I ran the BT terminal mod fix, saving my kexts and DSDT.aml file as recommended. The BT fix worked, but (as expected) killed the mic. When I replaced the kexts and DSDT.aml, then ran UpdateExtra, though, the mic came back, but the BT went away.

So I tried redoing everything and just replacing the kexts and DSDT.aml without running UpdateExtra. Didn't work. Tried running NBI again and doing the whole thing in reverse (terminal mod first), but the same thing happened.

It seems that I must choose between the mic and BT. Anyone else have this issue?

(#2) Old
Send a message via Skype™ to unclemiltie
Default 05-10-2011, 07:22 PM

I just did the same and all work well for me. (I can't turn bluetooth off, but I really don't care) Used the Akki sound fix and the headphone/mic works and Bluetooth continues to work.

One of the things that I found a long while ago, even with 10.5.8 was that the Bluetooth survives sleep MUCH better if you go into network setup and define a Dial-up-network on it. For some reason, MacOS kicks it back on with this in place.

Mini10v: Black, 2GB RAM, 160GHD 10.6.7/Windows 7 Dual-boot, NBI 0.8.4
Mini9: Black, 2GB RAM, 32GSSD, 10.6.7 NBI 0.8.5pre
MacBook Pro:15" Aluminum, 5GB RAM, 640GBHD, 10.6.7
iMac: 20" White 3GB RAM, 750GBHD, 10.6.7

« looking to upgrade 10.5.6 to 10.6 | Dell mini 9 Mac OS X bootup issue »