Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default What about the Lion? - 03-06-2011, 06:03 PM

It is said that OS X 10.7 (Lion) will only run on 64 bit systems. Wouldn't that be the end of the Dell Mini 9 road?

Any developers here to share their opinion?

Kind regards

Dell Mini 9 | 2 GB RAM | 16 GB SSD | OSX 10.6.8 | NBI 2351+Legacy Kernel+SleepEnabler
  (#2) Old
Default 03-07-2011, 03:04 AM

I think some of us are still hoping Lion will work on the dual core atom netbooks...I'm sure it will take awhile to figure out what model is a good candidate if any. Well hopefully the next great wave of hackintosh's will still be Dell's, I've personally had a fantastic run with mine.

10v | N270 | 2gb RAM | OS X 10.6.7 | 60gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD | BT | Wifi N | NBI RC4 Special | Apple magic mouse |
  (#3) Old
Default 03-07-2011, 03:27 AM

Wow that's a real blow to anyone with a 32bit macintel (core solo, core duo)

---------- Post added at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 AM ----------

I just started googling around for this. It would seem highly unlikely as they would have to reflash all of the 32bit efi macs as well (macs with 64bit processors that boot in 32bit). There are pretty recent mac models that would not be able to run lion. There is also the issue of 32bit mac drivers, a lot of drivers still have not been written in 64bit as I unpleasantly discovered with my hackintosh desktop (wireless card was supposed to be supported, didn't mention 32bit only).

« SDHC Card issues on Mini 9 running 10.6.0 | Old Mini 9 beeing revived, but... KP! »