Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default grey screen after booting - 02-11-2011, 06:45 PM

I have been running into the same problem every time after installing snow leopard 10.6 on my dell mini 9. I have search and have not found an answer to my question. After installing sp on the mini at least, 7 times I always have the apple logo then the spinning wheel then a grey screen. The only way the mini will pass that grey screen is to put her to sleep and waking her up 3 times. First time goes to sleep and wakes up in a blue screen. Second times goes to the main screen but everything is freeze I need to put it to sleep a third time and after the wake up it works. Sometimes it will not awake. I have updated it to 10.6.6 and I have applied the patch NIB 8.4 from forum because I was getting a kernel panic after update. I have erased the hibernation file I have run all the version of NIB but no luck. Sometimes i only get the apple logo but no spinning wheel so I have to restart until I get the spinning wheel. I have tried x,-f,-v, recovery=y and it is always the same. If you have a answer I will greatly appreciated. Thank you
  (#2) Old
Default 02-13-2011, 06:55 PM

im still stuck now the computer goes to sleeps but it doesnt wake up. in any mode.. the only thing that works is recovery=y. very frustating.. if any help will be greatly appreciate it.. thank you
  (#3) Old
Default 02-14-2011, 01:17 AM

If you can provide some more details about what installation process you used it would help quite a bit ion debugging your problem.

What version of NBI are you running? the 0.8.4 rc3 isn't the latest. Meklort posted a newer one here that works better with Snow Leopard:

Get into the system with recovery=y and run that version.

BTW, you know there are sleep issues with 10.6.3 and newer with the stock STEC SSD drives right? If you search the forums for "sleep issue" you'll find a long thread and some work around for it.

Last edited by CodF4ther; 02-14-2011 at 01:19 AM.

« Sound issues due to broken wires | boot loader issues on upgrade from 10.6.4 to 10.6.6 »