Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Forgotten what to do!! - 01-17-2011, 09:52 PM

Hi Guys, I've come unstuck!
I have a Dell mini9, a Runcore 64GB SSD and a iMac.

I have set this up before as a Hackintosh and even as dual boot but since the iPad came along I haven't used it for ages. The other day I decided to put it back as a full OSX netbook and can't seem to get it to work now as things have changed a bit!

I understand that DELL EFI has been superceeded by Netbookinstaller which I have downloaded but note there are several versions.

Could someone tell me exactly which version of the OSX i should be using as my Retail Disc is Snow leopard 10.6.3. Do I update this to 10.6.6 or leave it alone? I would like Facetime to run if possible and imagine I need to update a little more to get that?

Which version of Netbook installer do I need? and what versions goes with which version of OSX?

Also, Please help me recall, While the runcore is connected to the iMac, I load all my Ilife and software and then do i run the netbook installer on there or do I have to only run it when the drive is back in the Dell Mini9?

I recall that I shouldn't get it to "generate the DSDT.aml" file until the SSD is back in the Dell?

Hope you can help, Id be most grateful

(#2) Old
Default 01-21-2011, 03:56 PM

The way I did it was restore the OSX DVD to a USB stick in disk utility (you can restore to the SSD on USB I think)
run netbookMAKER and point it at the usb stick Downloads - netbook-installer - Project Hosting on Google Code

boot the usb stick on the dell and when OSX is installed run netbookINSTALLER which was in applications. Updated to 10.6.5 using the combo updater
  (#3) Old
Default 01-21-2011, 07:59 PM

10v, N80, 1 Gig ram, 160 Gig HD, A06 /Windows XP / SL 10.6.6 NBI 0.8.4 Special/ Linux Mint |
Please use my Dropbox Invite link:

dell, hackintosh, mini9, runcore, snow leopard

« can anybody help please | 10.6.6 (A few issues) »