Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Apr 2009
Mini 9 OSX install doesn't load after software update to 10.6.4 - 10-28-2010, 05:03 PM
I followed the instructions at Dell Mini 10v Installation via USB and Mac | Guides | OS X | mechdrew to install OSX 10.6 onto my Mini 9. The installation always seems to be fine. However, after I run NetbookInstaller 0.8.4RC1, update to 10.6.4 and reboot, the system won't load anymore. It just shows up with an error messages asking me to power off and restart. I have repeated the install multiple times and it is the same result each time.
---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------
one interesting thing I noticed is that when I finished installing and even after I ran NetbookInstaller, the system boots up with the Apple logo and it boots fine. However, after software update to 10.6.4, the bootup will show the NetbookInstaller logo instead of the Apple logo.
Join Date: Apr 2009
11-02-2010, 05:43 PM
Join Date: Aug 2009
11-06-2010, 02:50 AM
Join Date: Apr 2010
1) Install this version of NBI (From post 67) - 11-12-2010, 02:00 AM
The Version of NBI you must run is: see number one below:
**OFFICIAL** Mac OS X 10.6.4 Update Thread - 06-15-2010, 07:01 PM
***UPDATED 10.6.4 Upgrade Instructions***
1) Install this version of NBI (From post 67): http://dl.dropbox.com/u/863180/Netbo...212351.app.zip
2) Install the 10.6.4 update.
3) Once it reboots, you should see the NBI logo at boot. Be patient until it reboots (takes a while).
If you've already installed 10.6.4 with the old version of NBI and are getting a kernel panic, follow these instructions:
1) Boot up holding down the shift key. At the grey screen with your boot disc, type recovery=y. You should see this show up in the bottom left corner of the screen. Hit enter. This should let your machine boot into recovery mode, without lots of extensions loaded.
2) Run the new version of NBI from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/863180/Netbo...212351.app.zip
3) Reboot. You should be good to go now!
If for whatever reason you can't get the New NBI on your netbook, you can fix the issue that caused the KP by decreasing the size of your kernel extensions. Boot into recovery mode and then open the Terminal from your /Applications/Utilities folder. Type "cd /System/Library/Extensions" and hit enter. Then type "sudo rm -rf NVD* ATI* GeForce* AppleIntelGMAX3100*" and hit enter. Run NBI, reboot, and you should be good!
Mini 9 /2GB RAM/ 16GB SSD/BIOS A05/SL 10.6.6
OSX Installation via USB & Mac
NBMaker 0.8.4.RC1 / NBI 20100616212351
"Remember to back up your hard earned work with a boot-able disc BEFORE upgrading!"http://osx.mechdrew.com/guides
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.