Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Install Mac OS X on Dell Mini 9 using USB - 10-22-2010, 02:29 PM

I have a Dell Mini 9 which I was able to install Mac OS X on over this past summer with the help of a friend. About a week ago, I pressed a series of buttons which I believe caused the OS to be wiped out. I was a left with a black screen and a blinking cursor after the Dell logo showed at startup.

Since then I have reinstalled Windows XP, but am really interested in getting OS X installed again.

I have the retail copy of OS X saved on a USB stick and would like to use it to install. I know it possible to do that but I'm having a hard time finding the instructions.

Could someone please direct me to where I can find the instructions or guide me on how to do this WITHOUT using a DVD drive (since I already have the image on USB). Also, I have an additional 8GB USB stick to use for the process.

Thanks for any help offered!

P.S. Can anyone tell me the best price they've seen for 32 or 64 GB SSD drives? As I understand it, since I have a SSD drive installed on my Mini 9 I have to stick with SSDs if I want to upgrade which I do (currently have 16GB). Thanks!
  (#2) Old
Default 10-23-2010, 04:15 PM

Dell Mini 10v Installation via USB and Mac | Guides | OS X | mechdrew

Don't be too concerned about the 10V label, the install is virtually the same.

Try the link above for Runcore, if they have any in stock, or buy direct, just google Runcore as their prices are within about 10 bucks last I looked. Or if you're on a budget STEC's are cheaper.

What version of OS X do you have? NetBookInstaller 8.3 Final seems to work equally as well from 10.5 to 10.6.2

Mini 9 | OS X 10.6.5 Via USB Mac on 64G RunCore | 2G Ram | Bios A05 | NBI 8.4 Special | Bluetooth | Legacy Off | 1.3MP

Mini 10V
| OS X 10.6.5 Via USB Mac on 160G HD | 2G Ram | Bios A06 | NBI 8.4 Special | Bluetooth | Legacy Off | 1.3MP

« Vostro A90 Stec 16GB SSD - replaced 3 times in 1 year crashed again? | mini 9 with 3G card -> OSX? »