Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default "Macintosh HD" not in Startup Disk? - 10-18-2010, 10:51 PM

Hey guys!

I've searched the net for over a week, read multiple installation guides, and have worked countless hours on my Dell Mini 9 (16 Gbs HD with 2 Gb Ram), trying to successfully install Snow Leopard onto my netbook. I've had nothing but problems. It seems like when I solve one problem, another one arises. After multiple attempts at installing the operating system, I've finally installed Snow Leopard successfully (or at least it told me at the end of the installation process that it was successfully installed).

This is where the major problem arises. "Macitosh HD" (the name I gave my new SL HD) doesn't appear under the Startup Disk Utility. The only thing that appears is my "Mac OS X Install DVD" Flash Drive. Because the hard drive isn't appearing which I installed the operating system to, whenever I boot up the netbook, it freezes on the boot up white screen with the apple logo.

What am I doing wrong? I figured if anybody knew how to solve this problem it would be you guys. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks so much!
- Joshua N

BTW, I'm using:
. An 8GB Flash Drive w/ a retail 10.6 Snow Leopard install
. A 16GB Dell Mini 9 (2 GB Ram)
  (#2) Old
Default 10-22-2010, 02:32 AM

I did a fresh install of Snow Leopard by following this guide again

How To Install Snow Leopard On A Dell Mini 9 | DailyBlogged

The installation finished and said completed, but when I go to reboot it, it shows otherwise. It stays on the white screen with the Apple logo for a few minutes and then goes to a complete white screen. After five minutes of complete white, sound from the intro video begin to play, but no video is shown--just the same white blank screen.

Does anybody know why I'm getting sound from the installation video but no picture?

« [Howto] 10.6.3 Retail DVD with usb DVD drive and NO mac | Vostro A90 Stec 16GB SSD - replaced 3 times in 1 year crashed again? »