Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default No sound mini 9 - everything else cushty, please help - 09-23-2010, 01:00 PM

Hi guys, just wondering if somebody with more mini 9 OS X experince could help me, my mini recently decided to shaft it's self so I've had to reinstall leopard.

Having a small SSD drive, I've gone the install to USB hard drive, slim installation and then restore to internal route which has worked fine.

So has the installation of NBI 0.83 (well kinda but i'll get to that) - my mini again boots up with no issues and icons for my wireless card and bluetooth appear at the top of my screen and both connect without issue (this caused me the most problems the first time I hackintosh'd my mini so I was pleasantly surprised!)

However, now I have no sound whatsoever coming from the mini and no sound device has been detected within the volume preferances.

I cannot recall this being an issue when I first set the mini 9 up (I initially followed one of the mechdrew guides but that was a few months ago, as the mini had been working great I didn't want to mess around with it too much!!

If anybody know's what the issue is and could help I'd greatly appreciate it.

TL;DR version - My sound on my mini 9 is non-existant, everything else works tho - any help?
  (#2) Old
Default 09-25-2010, 11:11 AM

There is a thread on sound - simply look for it all the tools are there to fix both the sound and mic

Normally everything works out of the box with the correct netbook installer except the internal mic & 3G card.
  (#3) Old
Default 09-25-2010, 12:54 PM

What version of OS X are you installing?

Mini 9 | OS X 10.6.5 Via USB Mac on 64G RunCore | 2G Ram | Bios A05 | NBI 8.4 Special | Bluetooth | Legacy Off | 1.3MP

Mini 10V
| OS X 10.6.5 Via USB Mac on 160G HD | 2G Ram | Bios A06 | NBI 8.4 Special | Bluetooth | Legacy Off | 1.3MP

« Enable built in Mic under 10.6.4 possible? | Problems with Broadband dongle on Mini 9 »