Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#11) Old
Default 11-27-2010, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by stillnotavett View Post

I download it and unzip and right click open and it ask do you want to open because its download it. i tell it yes and then it says "the application netbootmaker 0.8.4rc1 quit unexpectedly" and i am given the option to ignore report or relaunch.

I think it something on my osx install
I'm having the same exact issue. I've had a working copy of 10.5.8 on my mini9 for over a year with no issues. Trying to do a fresh install of SL, but get the same "quit unexpectedly" error when trying to open Netbook Maker. I'm following Mechdrew's guide and have tried downloading NBM through both his link as well as the one above in this thread with the same result. Any ideas?
  (#12) Old
Default 11-28-2010, 12:57 PM

Weird. Try using NetBookMaker 8.3Final to get it running and then update NBI to the patched version from the 10.6.4 update thread, that's how I got both of mine running, not by design but because I already had that USB prepared. Only difference is that I started with 10.6.0

Mini 9 | OS X 10.6.5 Via USB Mac on 64G RunCore | 2G Ram | Bios A05 | NBI 8.4 Special | Bluetooth | Legacy Off | 1.3MP

Mini 10V
| OS X 10.6.5 Via USB Mac on 160G HD | 2G Ram | Bios A06 | NBI 8.4 Special | Bluetooth | Legacy Off | 1.3MP

« Slightly OT: Mini 9 Hackintosh goes Star Trek | Dell Mini 9 Hackintosh - VGA Out does not work - Please Help »