Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

Thread Tools Display Modes
  (#11) Old
cbruffin cbruffin is offline
Junior Member
Posts: 5
Join Date: Sep 2010
Default 09-09-2010, 08:28 AM

Thanks for all the replies so far, everyone! I will update to 10.6.2, and get that mic fixed Without VoodooHDA kext.

I was just wondering if there were any tweaks or performance enhancements that were common or recommended as well.

The laptop is working great right now, but i was wondering if there was a way to make it go faster. Sometimes it just seems slow in responsiveness, which is most especially noted when i start typing and it wont show up for a second or so. this doesnt always happen, but it does happen regularly.

I cant expect perfection, sure. But I do recall it being much snappier while it was running windows 7. Which doesn't matter a whole lot, since I dont have any intentions of switching back. But i thought it was worth mentioning.
Reply With Quote
  (#12) Old
spida505 spida505 is offline
Senior Member
spida505's Avatar
Posts: 155
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cheshire, UK
Default 09-10-2010, 06:54 PM

I had a heat issue with 10.6.4 but to be honest it was probably more to do with running CPU intensive applications rather than with the OS version. I'm running 10.6.2 on a 9 with the original 16gb SSD. I don't have need for the mic but there's a fix anyway. Codf4ther's sleep fix works on 10.6.4 but I've stayed with 10.6.2 because the stuff I run seems to work better on that. I guess it's down to personal preference at the end of the day.

Mini 9| 2Gb RAM | 32Gb Kingspec | OS X 10.6.8 | 16Gb SDHC | webcam | BT | Wifi | NBI 0.8.4
MacBook Pro (Late 2007) | OSX 10.10.4
Reply With Quote
  (#13) Old
staffordsmith83 staffordsmith83 is offline
Junior Member
Posts: 1
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default 10.6.2 Combo Update? - 11-23-2010, 03:02 AM

Sounds like it is better not to go past 10.6.2. Is it possible to get hold of the 10.6.2 combo update? Only the latest is available from apple.
Reply With Quote
  (#14) Old
Slothtyper Slothtyper is offline
Senior Member
Slothtyper's Avatar
Posts: 342
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Guambodia
Default 11-23-2010, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by staffordsmith83 View Post
Sounds like it is better not to go past 10.6.2. Is it possible to get hold of the 10.6.2 combo update? Only the latest is available from apple.
Not really, if you're gonna do the work for the "Mic fix" you may as well go all the way to 10.6.5 and be up to date. Just be sure to use the special NBI posted in that official 10.6.4 upgrade thread. I've been kinda against upgrading past 10.6.2 until 10.6.5 came out, now I'm changing my tune but haven't actually done it yet.

Edit: Updated to 10.6.5 and all is well except bluetooth toggle and hibernate. If you want Bluetooth on/off capability stay below 10.6.4 and use the Bluetooth terminal mod.

Mini 9 | OS X 10.6.5 Via USB Mac on 64G RunCore | 2G Ram | Bios A05 | NBI 8.4 Special | Bluetooth | Legacy Off | 1.3MP

Mini 10V
| OS X 10.6.5 Via USB Mac on 160G HD | 2G Ram | Bios A06 | NBI 8.4 Special | Bluetooth | Legacy Off | 1.3MP

Reply With Quote

« 10.6.3, no mousebutton or keyboard on install? | Slightly OT: Mini 9 Hackintosh goes Star Trek »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Copyright © 2008-2016