Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Upgrading to Snow Leopard - Brick Walls - 07-19-2010, 02:25 PM

I am running 10.5.8 (which I updated months ago via software update and NOT the downloaded combo) and am trying to upgrade to a 10.6.3 via an upgrade disk I purchased. When I run the upgrade from within the OS it gets to 45% then says it will continue after reboot. After reboot, nothing happens, I login and it's as if the install never took place. It does leave behind a folder "Mac Install Data files" which contains a log. The last entry gives the invalid processor error and is followed by the " failure blessing the partition for rebooting"??? Could this be because I ran software update for 10.5.8 vs manually installing the combo? Is there a way to fix this?

I tried Mechdrew's USB install method hoping to install SL from scratch (found here - NetbookInstaller 1: USB Installation via Mac | Guides | OS X | mechdrew) but when I get to the step for installing Netbook Bootmaker it won't run. It says there was an error while launching the application. I tried running the 0.8.3 version and that works interestingly enough but it is not for snow leopard.

Any ideas?

sl upgrade

« Snow Leopard on 8GB SSD | Mic Driver For Snow Leopard? »