Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Dell Mini 9 - Boot to nothing and Netbookbootmaker issues - 07-09-2010, 09:40 PM

I'm hoping you guys can help me diagnose some issues with my Dell Mini 9 here. I was working on a file today for school and everything was going well, until I had some trouble printing a file. Couldn't get it to come out, so I figured I'd restart the computer and see if that would help. I was running 10.5.6 OSX at the time. Anyway, when the computer restarted, I got the typical Dell Circle, then just a flashing cursor at the top of the screen. No boot, no nothing. I do happen to have a spare 32G SSD, so I opened up the Dell and shoved that in there, it boots to Windows XP just fine. I'm not sure if the SSD got corrupted or died or what, maybe you can let me know what you think.

So I really prefer OSX and as a backup plan, I was going to reformat the spare SSD I have to replace the other one, but when I partition the PNY 8G USB drive that I used before to successfully install OSX on this same Dell Mini (and using the same Mac that I used previously), it doesn't recognize the partition on the USB drive to convert it to a usable boot by the Mini. Any idea what could be going on here? When 0.8.3 (or 0.8.4) run, they only show the main HD partition, no option to create a boot drive on my USB flash drive. Any thoughts? This same process worked perfectly before, this is really frustrating.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Well, I got Netbookinstaller issues fixed, and I guess the SSD is dead, since the OSX USB drive will only boot with my other SSD... Any way to get the data off the old drive, without spending a fortune?[COLOR="Silver"]

« Snow Leopard 10a261 via USB only? | TrackPad Woes »