Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default still waiting for root device - 07-01-2010, 08:50 PM

Everything was working fine, until I decided to trying new NBI prior to updating to 10.6.4

when I do -v on boot

this is what I get

for last few lines

From path: "uuid",
Waiting for boot volume with UUID F7FA1E37-0096-3E4A-959C-BE4FCC1EAB36
Waiting on <Dict ID="0"><key>I0ProviderClass</key><string ID="1">I0Resources</string><key>I0ResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
still waiting for root device

and it repeats =( still waiting for root device

I can still boot into recovery mode and safe mode.

How can i fix this?

Thanks in advance

Mac OS X 10.5.7, Bios A05, DellEFI 1.2a5, 2 GB Memory, 32 GB Runcore, Integrated 1.3 Megapixel video + Bluetooth (fixed on/off), , GMA booster, VoodooPower (proper steps), TouchPad Kext 18. GeekBench 920
  (#2) Old
Default Same issue - 07-04-2010, 04:57 AM

I wish I could help, but the only thing I can do is empathize with you as I am experiencing exactly the same issue.

Any help from others would be much appreciated!
  (#3) Old
Default Still waiting for root device how? - 07-28-2012, 03:29 PM

I'm getting the same thing - nothing to do with NBI

So I just installed PDAnet because I'l traveling in West Africa and rather than buy a USB 3G modem and have data on my GSM phone, I wanted to just make the phone do double duty.

Running a mini 10v with 10.6.7. Never had a problem before.

So I install the PDAnet package and restart.... only to now get the "Still waiting for root device" error if I boot normally. If I boot without loading cache, then it boots just fine - and I can't seem to boot into a recovery -y version by holding shift.

Should I run NBI 5.1 again maybe? I don't want to run NBI again without knowing that will work out.

Thoughts? Thanks!

boot, device, root, waiting, won't

« Dell Mini 9 Audio with Microphone without VoodooHDA (Snow 10.6.2) | Are your Mini9 days numbered? »