Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Finally installed OSX here are my notes - 06-24-2010, 07:35 AM

So I finally installed OSX on my vostro A90. It was a journey with a few bumps along the way. I had problem with dell boot disk and the only way I was able to get it to work was the dell efi method from this guide How to Install Mac OS X: DellEFI Method

Now that its all done, there are a few things that may need tweaking and hopefully someone here can help. Firstly , i cant find any adjustment for the mouse. Its super fast and Id like to slow it down and also enable the tap clicking. The second issue I have is the external monitor does not work. When switch to it the screen displays strange video lines and gobbled up pixels. The third issue I am having is that when I close the lid and open it again, the mouse cursor is gone and I have to manually power down and reboot to get it back.

Im pretty happy with the install overall, but not sure if itl work for me as a go to build. I may need to do dual boot with xp if I cant get these last few features working.

Thanks dellmini forums for the inspiration and information

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 AM ----------

ok so I did some googlin and I was able to fix the wake from sleep issue by disabling the usb legacy support. Also I found that mirror app that disables the mirroring which fixes the external monitor issue. Only problem is I have to hover over the app icon , plug in the external it goes all goofy, then I click the mouse and it goes back to normal. I think the setting stays though so thats good. I did have one kernel panic during the mirroring app process. Still looking for some guidance on the mouse smoothing and speed as well as tap click and maybe some scrolling

« Boots from USB but not SSD | Mini 9 os x quits booting with no proximate cause »