Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default No software to install? - 05-30-2010, 01:01 AM

Following the guide at NetbookInstaller 2: USB Mac Installation via Any Operating System | Guides | OS X | mechdrew using Windows 7 64 bit to prep everything works until I get to the click install button on the mini. Once clicked I instantly get an " Can't install on your computer because there is no software to install" error message. Like I said this is instant so there is no way 6gb install took place. If I try to boot I get the mach_kernel not found error. I then delete the partition and start over (and over). I have substituted different flash drives and redid the iso img with different software and I still get the same deal. I also upgraded the bios from a04 to a05 if this matters...

I have a retail Mac OS Leopard 10.5 DVD - with a sticker on the box that reads "new version 10.5.6" and I am trying to install to a new 32 gb runcore.

« NBI 0.8.4RC1 + 10.6.3 Update = Endless rebooting | Crazy OSX Idea that would be awesome »