Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Exclamation Help!! Blank screen but hear Intro music after installing Snow Leopard - 05-21-2010, 08:31 AM

Hi everyone! I need help please!!!
I have OSX installed. I used the method available on Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on Dell Mini 9 Guide from the website.

All went right until the end of the installation. I did the restart but right after the bootup screen with the apple logo I only get blank gray screen but I hear the audio introduction (sometimes i don't even hear it, the screen just goes blank after the boot apple logo).
Sometimes I got a message about Hibernate image is too old xxxx seconds use forcewake=y to override
I tried to re-install. Same thing.
I tried to do the Netbook Installer thing from the OS installation again.. same thing.

What am I missing here?
Any ideas? Same problem before?

I'm running on a Mini 9 with 1GB RAM, 16GB SSD, and BIOS A5. Thanks!
  (#2) Old
Default 05-21-2010, 03:12 PM

I just found out launching the verbal mode (-v) that it might freeze due to a kernel panic...

I got this message:

panic(cpu 1 caller 0x28ffba):  "pvh_e  exhaustion"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1456.1.25/osfmk/i386/pmap.c:3272
Any idea? anyone seen it before?

« VoodooPowerMini 1.2.7 cause Kernal Panic on SL 10.6.3 | Hear the Intro Music, Blank Screen »