Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default HELP - Vostro A90 Drive Won't Boot - 05-02-2010, 08:08 AM

Have a Vostro A90, just upgraded to 10.6.3 from 10.6.0 two weeks ago with Netbookinstaller 0.8.4 with no problems and everything was running great. Yesterday the grey "have to restart your computer" message came up and all attempts to restart just ended in the clock endlessly spinning. I remade a USB Snow Leopard flash drive so I could run disk utilities. (Netbookmaker 0.8.4) Disk utilities finds nothing to repair, but the drive won't mount. I thought I'd restore from my Time Machine back-up, but the affected drive doesn't show up as a destination. Reformats of the drive won't work either, it gives the error message "Volume Erase failed with the error: File system formatter failed". At one point I got the error POSIX reports: The operation couldn't be completed. Cannot allocate memory. Please help, it's my husband's computer and he's supposed to leave to India with it Monday morning! I'm suspicious that the SSD might be the problem. Thoughts? Thanks.

« Battery question... | Mini9 - Reinstall keeps going bad »