Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Unhappy Hear the Intro Music, Blank Screen - 04-25-2010, 03:49 AM

I'm pulling out my hair, I had the Mini 9 with Snow Leopard once but wiped it because I needed to use Windows XP on it for a quick project. Now when I re-install with NBI 0.8.3 patch (can't run 0.8.4 on existing Leopard OSX86 laptop) via USB, upon bootup I only get blank gray screen but I hear the audio introduction. What am I missing here? Mini 9 with 2GB RAM, 16GB SSD, and BIOS A6. Thanks!

Edit: I am installing via 80GB USB drive, with GPT on both the external HDD and internal SSD. Like I said, I did this before once without problems, but this time I'm getting white/blank screen but I can hear the introduction music after installation and reboot...
  (#2) Old
Default 04-28-2010, 04:32 PM

Since I got no reply or any help, moved on to Ubuntu 9.10 where it actually works...
  (#3) Old
Default 05-06-2010, 07:14 AM

I encountered the same issue..any remedy?

Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 07:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 AM ----------

I resolved the issue by simply re-running the netbookinstaller then boot up with no cache.
  (#4) Old
Default 05-21-2010, 03:22 PM

Hi everyone !
I have the same problem on my dell mini 9!!!
Can anyone find a solution?

I tried to re-run the NetbookInstaller...Tried safe boot (-x) tried -f, tried to verify disk... nothing!

I run the -v verbal mode and i found a kernel panic :
panic(cpu 0 caller 0x28ffba):  "pvh_e  exhaustion"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1456.1.25/osfmk/i386/pmap.c:3272
Any idea┬ž? any suggestion? solution?

« Help!! Blank screen but hear Intro music after installing Snow Leopard | Mini 9 Installation Problem »