Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default netbook installer 0.8.4 + 10.5.8 = operating system not found - 04-21-2010, 04:18 PM

Hi all
on my mini9 with 10.5.8 running peacefully I mistakenly tried to do maintenance with the 0.8.4 version of netbook installer, cuz I didn't see anything saying which versions it should run with.
Now I'm getting the 'operating system not found' on startup. I've finally managed to try loading again from my USB flash original installer, which I did with DellEFI1.25 but now is loaded with the netbook bootloader 0.8.3.
The machine will read the USB, begin the startup process, but it gets hung up in the spinning wheel screen. I tried booting in safe mode - still gets hung up in the spinning ball.

Any advice? i'm not sure if I need to load something else on my USB, or maybe take something off that is confusing the bootup...

And once I do get it booted, I just need to run the 0.8.3 version, right? or is there something specific I need to target/delete/attack?

UPDATE!: I remember why I ran this in the first place - I had lost contact with my speakers. They weren't being recognized by the OS.
Also, on booting off USB, I'm getting stuck on:
'AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement: initialization complete'

« Mac os x not booting | POLL Internal Speakers HISS when Headphones plugged in. »