Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#71) Old
Default I have no words... - 08-14-2012, 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by zeitung View Post
This is for everybody on 10.6.8 on the Dellmini 9 and want a working mic. Use the bundle on the #1 post and follow these extra instructions:

Do everything it says in the INSTALL.txt, apply the patches to the DSDT.aml, copy the kexts…etc and Stop at step 9) and do this:

Copy UpdateExtra out of /Extra/ to the Desktop. On the Desktop right click on the UpdateExtra and select show package contents. Then go to Contents/Resources/SupportFiles. Edit machine.plist. Replace "Inspiron 910" (after the Model name key) with the name found at About This Mac -> More Info -> Model Identifier (mine is MacBook4,1).

Looks like this:

<key>Dell Mini 9</key>
<key>Support Files</key>
<string>Dell Mini 9</string>
<key>Extensions Directory</key>
<key>Model Name</key>
<string>Inspiron 910</string> <-------- replace this with MacBook4,1
<key>Long Name</key>
<string>Dell Mini 9</string>
<key>Bluetooth Vendor ID</key>
<key>Bluetooth Device ID</key>
<key>EFI Strings</key>

Then save and exit and replace the /Extra/UpdateExtra with the one on the desktop.

Then run it, wait a long time when its done reboot. Mic will work.

Thats it! Hope this helped anybody...
I read your reply while I was on vacation without my computers and was really excited to try it out. I finally got a chance to tonight and all I can say is thanks. You finally gave me the ability to have a completely 100% working installation. As it is, my girlfriend loved her little computer for taking notes in class and lots of other things, but the inability to use Skype was kind of a deal breaker. Anyways, just wanted to let you know that you helped out at least two people.

Indebted to you,

2X Mini 9: Red | OS X 10.6.8 | 2GB RAM | 32GB SuperTalent SSD | 1.3MP | BT |
  (#72) Old
Default 08-25-2012, 02:52 PM

Haven't tried it yet, but this trick is amazing!

« Security Update 2012-002 disabled apps | Simple Terminal question from a noob »