Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old

Send a message via MSN to dmacz220
Default Can i uninstall hibernation image manually from NetbookCD - 04-02-2010, 03:43 AM

i was just wondering if you can remove the hibernation image that was installed on netbookCD in the first boot, i want to do this because i was told that it doesn't work and it takes up 2GB of SSD storage. also i need to know how to change the @ from being shift+2(") to shift+'(next to enter, normal @ key on UK keyboards) i have no idea why it has changed as i selected UK on the os x install. sorry about the post being so long, just want to give you guys enough info.
thanks, Sham

MINI 9 | OS X 10.6.2 | 32GB SUPER TALENT (HAD TO DOWNGRADE) | 1GB STOCK RAM (MEMORY, ALSO HAD TO DOWNGRADE)
  (#2) Old

Default 04-02-2010, 05:31 PM

Not sure what you mean by "installed on netbookCD in the first boot" but if you mean installed on your SSD then the following terminal commands should turn off hibernate and delete the sleepimage file which will be the same size as your RAM ie ether 1 or 2GB

sudo pmset hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage

and this should fix your keyboard Getting the UK Keyboard Layout Right in Mac OS X Snow Leopard I found that the "PC 105 alt" version did the trick on my mini 9.

Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 2 GB RAM | 64 GB Stock STEC SSD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy Mode: OFF | Bluetooth: OFF | NBI 0.8.4(20100616212351)

« US-INTL Keyboard remapping....OS X | turning mirroring off »