Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Mini 9 questions - 03-30-2010, 12:59 PM

Hello there,

I have a few questions about the 9/10v osx install.

As each new netbookmaker is written – are there improvements to how the install works, tweaks to make OSX run better ?

Also does the latest netbookmaker work for both the 9 and 10v ? (Netbookmaker 0.8.4 RC1)

I had installed an earlier version on a 9 (0.8.3) and I had a problem with no bluetooth driver and when coming out of sleep the webcam light would flash (cancelled by opening photobooth)
The unit ran great, but with those issues.

Having run the nestbookinstaller app, there was no change and now apple has run the big update again and the whole thing has crashed with loads of text on the screen.

This is no problem, but before I do it all over again will I resolve my issues with the latest version.

(#2) Old
Default 03-31-2010, 01:54 AM

0.8.4RC1 works with both mini 9 and 10v see Meklort's Blog for more details of this release.

Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.6.5 | 2 GB RAM | 64 GB Stock STEC SSD | BIOS A05 | USB Legacy Mode: OFF | Bluetooth: OFF | NBI 0.8.4(20100616212351)
  (#3) Old
Default 03-31-2010, 08:35 PM

I will try that soon as it is a fairly easiy procedure.

I thinking off upgrading the BIOS from A00 to A04 now that I have found all the old BIOS on dells website, not sure how to install, I stuck the contenst of the folder on a usb key and booted but nothing happend.

There seem to be 2 'exe' progs in there including the new BIOS. I will try the new NBM, if it all works I will leave the BIOS alone.

Best regards.

« Can't turn off bluetooth | 10.6.3 vs Atom Support? »