Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Installation problem - 03-28-2010, 03:35 AM

I have been able to install Mac OS X 10.6 on one of my Dell Minis, but the not the other. I even tried installing it onto an external drive then go to my other Dell Mini and run it that way, but that didn't work. When I try installing the installation screens are different. I'm trying to install from USB and got this error saying: "Error parsing plist file." or something like that on a black screen then I have a choice to boot from OSXDVD (USB name) a picture of a hard drive, and Windows, whereas when I try this on my other one it works perfectly fine, but with a white screen that pops up showing the Apple logo. I did once read that you can't run Snow Leopard without having 1 or 2 GB of memory which I have 2 GB in my Dell Mini that works and only 512 MB in my one that doesn't, but I don't think that's the problem. Any help?
  (#2) Old
Default 03-28-2010, 01:47 PM

(#3) Old
Expert Member
Default 03-28-2010, 02:08 PM

move the 2GB briefly to the non working mini and see if that clears it up.

mini 9 | 2GB RAM | 16GB STEC SDD | BIOS A06, USB Legacy OFF | No Bluetooth | OSX 10.6.7 | NBI 0.8.5pre w/ ALC268 | Broadcom2Airport
MINI Cooper '02 | 1.6L | CVT | Moonroof | Red w/ White Stripes

Want the ALC268 mini 9 sound fix? Get it here

« Video Out Not Working Snow Leopard | Magic Mouse with Mini 9 and DellEFI 2 »