Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Dell Mini 9 OSX Install Stuck - 03-26-2010, 05:47 PM

Hey, I've got a used Dell Mini 9 running A4 bios. I've used Mechdrew's netbookinstaller 1 via USB with an external harddrive. I've done everything as the tutorial suggests. I get passed the initial loading screens, but i get stuck on the leopard background with a pinwheel that spins in slow motion, for hours. I also get a NTLDR is missing error every few times when I try to boot. This is extremely urgent and I'd appreciate any help.
  (#2) Old
Default Dell Mini 9 OSX Install Stuck - 03-30-2010, 01:50 AM

The normal thing to do is to reboot two or three times to see if that fixes it, and to run the Netbookinstaller two or three times to see if that fixes it. You can do both with no harm to the machine... only to your patience and sanity.

If those don't work then download the NBI .8.3 Final or NBI .8.4 (beta) and try running it and rebooting a couple of times to see the result.

If none of those work, then you may have to upgrade the BIOS to A05 (I think that the newest version is A06 - make sure you get the one for theMini 9, not Mini10).... Search through the old posts before upgrading the BIOS, because I think you may need to do a complete reload - Not sure.

Let us know what happened before you upgrade the BIOS....

« Magic Mouse with Mini 9 and DellEFI 2 | Cannot get SL working on mini 9 »