Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default MechDrews Guide NBI 2; Alternate 1 & 2 Problem - 03-21-2010, 04:19 PM

So I have been trying to reinstall OSX after toying with Ubuntu NBR and things have changed a bit since the DellEFI method I last used.

I have attempted MechDrew's "NetbookInstaller 2: USB Mac Installation via Any Operating System" guide several times now without success.

I am now trying the alternate 1 & 2 versions but am running into a problem when I get to step 7 "Once navigated to the C:\ folder, type "dd --list". This will bring up a long list of drive information."

Typing dd --list (and several other variants in case it is a typo) and they all return "'dd --list' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file."

Could this be due to me trying to accomplish this from an x64 version of Windows 7 perhaps? What am I missing here?

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Nevermind, apparently permissions to the root of C:\ prevent DD from running properly. When I copied both files to the root of D:\ it runs as expected.

Please ignore my post.

« Sound Loss FIX: DM9, 10.5.8, EFI 1.2a5 | Incorrect Battery Capacity in System Profiler »