Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Boot 0: GPT error and can't boot from thumb drive - 03-15-2010, 04:53 PM

I've had my A90 for about 6 months, running Leopard with no problems. A few days I booted it up and am now only getting the following after the Dell screen:

boot0: GPT
boot0: testing
boot0: testing
boot0: done

I found a few other threads on this site and elsewhere about people having the same issue, but I haven't been able to get any of those solutions to work.

* I've confirmed that the BIOS still lists the SSD correctly.

* I have enable USB legacy support enabled.

* I've tried multiple times to try to reinstall using the windows-only guide here NetbookInstaller 2: USB Mac Installation via Any Operating System | Guides | OS X | mechdrew. As soon as I select "USB Storage" in the boot menu, both flash drives are read but I only see "\". I originally put on OS X using another Mac, but don't have access to that anymore to create the boot discs.

* I've tried using WintoFlash to create a bootable XP usb drive

* I've tried creating a bootable Linux usb drive to restore to the original Ubuntu.

Is there anything else I should try, or is the SSD hosed? Also, from what I can tell (though I haven't been able to find a ton of information) it seems like the GPT error is a Mac OS issue - if this is true, will I have problems getting Dell to repair it?

Thanks in advance!

boot, error, gpt, os x

« Dell mini 9 OS 10.5.7 itunes 7, can i upgrade itunes | How do i Install Mac osx on mini 9!! »