Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90
| ||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Join Date: Aug 2009
Boot 0: GPT error and can't boot from thumb drive - 03-15-2010, 04:53 PM
I've had my A90 for about 6 months, running Leopard with no problems. A few days I booted it up and am now only getting the following after the Dell screen:
I found a few other threads on this site and elsewhere about people having the same issue, but I haven't been able to get any of those solutions to work.
* I've confirmed that the BIOS still lists the SSD correctly.
* I have enable USB legacy support enabled.
* I've tried multiple times to try to reinstall using the windows-only guide here NetbookInstaller 2: USB Mac Installation via Any Operating System | Guides | OS X | mechdrew. As soon as I select "USB Storage" in the boot menu, both flash drives are read but I only see "\". I originally put on OS X using another Mac, but don't have access to that anymore to create the boot discs.
* I've tried using WintoFlash to create a bootable XP usb drive
* I've tried creating a bootable Linux usb drive to restore to the original Ubuntu.
Is there anything else I should try, or is the SSD hosed? Also, from what I can tell (though I haven't been able to find a ton of information) it seems like the GPT error is a Mac OS issue - if this is true, will I have problems getting Dell to repair it?
Thanks in advance!
|boot, error, gpt, os x|
Copyright © 2008-2016 MyDellMini.com.