Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Safe Sleep/Hibernate on Dell Mini 9: Impossible? or rather "not easy"? - 03-02-2010, 09:56 AM

I understand that Hibernate does work on the Dell Mini10v but not on the Mini9 (no chance).
I have a Mini 9 and the way I use this computer [*], hibernating would be a real advantage.
I understand that deep sleep/hibernation is not easy to implement because the harddrive/ssd has to be accessed at a very early state of the boot process.

So here are my questions:
  • What exactly is the problem with the Mini 9 and hibernate (compared with 10v)
  • I have a runcore ssd installed and not the original one. Would this make it easier to implement hibernating?
  • If I want to invest some time and/or money in this, where would I start? (besides getting a 10v instead.. )

[*] Example: I open up a lot of websites with timetables, reservations, maps, contact information etc. and use this information from time to time during the day while traveling. Normal sleep mode works fine but drains the battery too fast. Theoretically I could save all these pages and open them after booting each time. But this is much of a hassle compared to just switching the thing on and waiting for resume.

Dell Mini 9 | Mac OS X 10.5.8 | 1 GB RAM | 16 GB Runcore SSD | BIOS A05

« internal mic | Any way to Middle Click with the Trackpad, at least in Firefox? »