Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default Dell Mini 9 OS X 10.5.8 Bluetooth terminal Mod - 02-26-2010, 06:05 PM

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I finally decided to update from 10.5.7 to 10.5.8. I have been using DellEFI but tried to switch to NBI.

I ran NBI and got my wifi working and noticed the bluetooth was giving me the option to turn off/on which I had not had before. The problem was it ws making me have to use a external monitor and I could find a way to resolve that.

So I switched bat the DellEFI and everything was good. I wanted to see though if I could get the bluetooth the let me turn it off/on (I lost that when I switched back). I found the tread here:
Bluetooth Terminal Mod

and tried what the first post said. Change the values and removed the Extensions.mkext file. Bad move.

I'm now stuck at the grey Apple boot screen. I have tried booting with "-x" but it still hangs with the spinning dial.

Can someone tell me if it's possible, and of so how, to recover from this? I really don't want to have to start all over. I'm going to try to boot with a Ubuntu flash drive and fix it that way.

Assuming that works, how would I either:
1) Fix the display for the NBI way?
2) Fix the bluetiith for the DellEFI?

Thanks for the help.

« Slow Vostro A90, problem with SSD or ...? | Newbie with questions »