Dell Mini 9 OS X Discussion Discussion for installing and setting up Mac OS X on the Dell Mini and Vostro A90

(#1) Old
Default how do i reset mac os x settings to default? - 02-23-2010, 08:47 PM

hi guys

i installed mac os x on my dell mini 9 which worked quite well

i now want to reset my os x settings to back if i had just installed it for the first time and was asking me to put in username and password etc etc

can it be done?
  (#2) Old
Default 02-24-2010, 03:35 PM

Are your trying to create/modify user accounts? If so, System Preferences > Accounts.

There are some instructions for Leopard to "reset" a Mac. Guessing should work for Snow Leopard. One issue: if you deleted the setup-assistant program to save space, you'll have to get that back.

Plus: if you look at the comments for the following link, seems there's some "variability" to how to get this done. And as someone else pointed out in the article's comments, it might not be a good idea to totally blow away /Library/Preferences.

So, here's the link. Me, personally, I'd work the issue(s) individually instead of trying to carpet bomb the system. Or install fresh, since if this doesn't work, you're going down that path anyway, why waste the extra time?

10.5: How to reset Leopard back to the Setup Assistant - Mac OS X Hints

Mini 9 | OS X 10.6.7 | 2GB | 16GB STEC | .3Mp | No BT |
BIOS A05 | USB Legacy: ON | USB Wake: OFF | Bluetooth: OFF | NBI .8.4 RC1.1 (20100616212351)
Sleep: Working | Speakers: Working | Headphone Jack: Working

« BEACH BALL OF DOOM while installing | Dell Mini 9 OSX 10.5.8 No sound after sleep »